2015 has been a busy year and as it draws to a close, we find ourselves on the verge of a variety of exciting new opportunities. Our business development group is focused on expanding the global reach of Preferred Display and leveraging our expertise in a wide array of strategic retail and non-retail markets. As a result, new opportunities within the company will be opening up throughout the year. The first of these is the position of Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Based out of our Clifton, NJ location, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer develops the more complex projects that PDI works on. He or she works closely with the creative team to come up with conceptual ideas and engineer those ideas to ensure they can be manufactured. The senior engineer makes some of the most key decisions regarding materials and manufacturing methods of how the products that PDI manufactures will be made.
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following attributes:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years experience in a design engineering role
- Extensive experience in SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Extensive understanding of drawing, engineering, and industry standards
- Extremely proficient on 3D design software
- High level of creativity and problem solving skills
- Significant technical engineering experience and knowledge of cutting edge technology and engineering practices
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
The candidate should also have a high level of knowledge of the following engineering manufacturing methods:
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Acrylic Fabrication
- Sheet Metal
- Wood Construction
- Plastic & Aluminum Extrusions
- Vacuum Forming
- CNC machining
Are you interested, or does someone you know fit the bill? If so, take a gander at our Careers page at http://www.preferreddisplay.com/careers for more details on the position. We look forward to hearing from you!