At Preferred Display Inc, our mission is to provide high quality point of purchase displays and customer focused services by:
- Consistently meeting or exceeding our customers’ expectations for products whose performance and appearance are in accordance with our tradition of high manufacturing standards.
- Timely delivery of products and services to meet our customers’ requirements.
- Continuously improving the way we work, providing a safe work environment, managing our business processes and supplier selection/retention.
- Ensuring our team is properly trained so they are better able to serve our customers.
A Senior Engineer develops the more complex projects that PDI works on. He/She works closely with the creative team to come up with conceptual ideas and engineers those ideas to ensure they can be manufactured. The senior engineer makes some of the most key decisions regarding materials and manufacturing methods of how the products that PDI manufactures will be made.
Director of Engineering
- Works with creative team to conceptualize ideas to meet client needs
- Works with sales and creative team and sometimes directly with clients to develop and improve upon ideas
- Creates 3 dimensional computer models of parts and assemblies that that make up a project using SOLIDWORKS
- Creates detailed 2D drawings with all dimensions, details, and notes required to properly manufacture parts and assemblies
- Works closely with the model shop to create prototypes and prove out engineering of all parts that have been designed
- Coordinate with the production team and work directly with vendors to ensure quality of product, efficiency of assembly, and organization of workflow
- Improve upon existing designs by constantly looking for innovative solutions to value engineer products
- Work in small team setting with a great deal of communication to create and improve designs
- Mentor junior level engineers by showing them good engineering methods and practices
- Use extensive problem solving skills to create original and innovative solutions
- Create graphic art and size files using Adobe Illustrator for clients so they can lay out artwork
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5-8 years experience in a design engineering role
- Extensive experience in SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Extensive understanding of drawing, engineering, and industry standards
- Extremely proficient on 3D design software
- High level of creativity and problem solving skills
- Significant technical engineering experience and knowledge of cutting edge technology and engineering practices
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to deadlines, changing schedules, priorities, and unpredictable events within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
High Level of Knowledge of the Following Engineering Manufacturing Methods:
- Plastic Injection molding
- Acrylic Fabrication
- Sheet metal
- Wood construction
- Plastic & Aluminum Extrusions
- Vacuum Forming
- CNC machining
Spanish but not necessary
Please use the form below to apply for a position.